A Telephony Engineer establishes, troubleshoots and maintains the Iserv telephony network. The engineer will build phone line configurations in our switch, design call flows, and configure VoIP phones.
- – Design, administer, maintain and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Broadsoft platforms, Circuits and servers evidencing strong knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies
- – Establishes phone environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- – Secures phone system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- – Interact with other engineers to execute project tasks including progress tracking with minimal oversight to deliver projects in a timely manner
- – Prioritize and resolve trouble/request tickets including immediate escalation urgent issue resolution
- – Analyze and evaluate network performance and provide solutions to optimize traffic flows, security, and processes
- – Maximizes performance by monitoring systems; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; and collaborating with network architects.
- – Collaborates with customers and co-workers to design, provision and implement requests and projects.
- – Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- – Share knowledge and train co-workers on duties performed. Contribute to the overall betterment of the company.
- – A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of IP routing and switching
- – A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of carrier-grade VoIP infrastructure, specifically: Significant hosted PBXs platforms (Metaswitch or Broadsoft) End point devices (Polycom VVX, Grandstream)
- – Able to understand and analyze WireShark results to solve complex SIP VoIP and IP internetworking challenges.
- – Able to create and modify security policies on routers, switches, and firewalls
- – Able to be flexible to work off hours, nights, and weekends if required
- – 5 + years of hands-on Network Engineering experience and/or a Degree in Information Systems,
- – Computer Science or related industry or equivalent training and experience.
Independent work and teamwork is required. The schedule is flexible with responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- – VOIP – SIP programming: 5 years
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.