In your business, which resource is the most important – the one you couldn’t live without? If you said, “the people”, you’re correct! Nothing happens without employees; those who advertise, sell, build, and bill the clients. Unfortunately, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has been confirmed in the U.S. and we might soon have to take precautions to ensure worker safety. Is your company set up for a potential work-from-home scenario? The following list details the necessary tools you should consider for remote employees.
- >> Communication Tools
- 1. Digital tools such as chat/messaging, file sharing, and video conferencing are supported by reliable Internet connections. Remote teams must be able to consistently and instantly connect to each other.
- 2. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) allows employees to access their office phones from anywhere, and on any device. Features like voicemail to email are useful for organizing and forwarding messages.
- >> Mobile Hardware Tools
- 1. Instead of desks, chairs, and desktop monitors, employees will need hardware with mobility in mind. Cloud Data Hosting offers secure accessibility from laptops and smartphones, even in remote locations.
- 2. Other physical equipment such as printers or fax machines may not be necessary for remote staff.
- >> Project Management Tools
- 1. Project management can occur entirely online using programs that set tasks, track progress, and alert missed deadlines. Using a Cloud-based network, managers can view documentation updates and status reports in real-time.
- >> Cybersecurity Tools
- 1. Remote workers are often more vulnerable to cyberattacks. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Managed Firewalls provide a secure communication channel through public Internet connections.
- 2. To avoid compromised data, you should implement cybersecurity solutions such as multi-factor authentication, multi-point network backups, antivirus software, and real-time security monitoring.
Last tip: don’t panic! Create an IT business plan for unplanned disasters and let your Managed Service Provider support you through it. Then you can focus on the truly important asset — keeping your people safe.
We’d like to make sure you’re ready for anything! Take advantage of our FREE Assessment, so we can make sure your employees have everything they need to work remotely.
Fill out the form to schedule your assessment!