A Sr. Systems Engineer establishes, troubleshoots and maintains the Iserv network. The engineer will build configurations, design systems, and configure Managed Services.
- – Design, administer, maintain and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Circuits and servers evidencing strong knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies
- – Interact with other engineers to execute project tasks including progress tracking with minimal oversight to deliver projects in a timely manner
- – Prioritize and resolve trouble/request tickets including immediate escalation urgent issue resolution
- – Analyze and evaluate network performance and provide solutions to optimize traffic flows, security, and processes
- – Maximizes performance by monitoring systems; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; and collaborating with network architects.
- – Collaborates with customers and co-workers to design, provision and implement requests and projects.
- – Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- – Share knowledge and train co-workers on duties performed. Contribute to the overall betterment of the company.
- – A thorough understanding and hands-on working knowledge of IP routing and switching
- – Able to understand and analyze WireShark results to solve complex SIP VoIP and IP internetworking challenges.
- – Able to create and modify security policies on routers, switches, and firewalls
- – Able to be flexible to work off hours, nights, and weekends if required
- – 5 + years of hands-on Network Engineering experience and/or a Degree in Information Systems
- – Computer Science or related industry or equivalent training and experience
Independent work and teamwork is required. The schedule is flexible with responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- – Cisco, Meraki, Ubiquiti, Microsoft : 5 years
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.